Sales Engineering Manager
Company: Arrow Electronics
Location: Santa Fe
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Sales Engineering Manager
The Arrow Sales Engineering Manager (SEM) is a technical leader for
the IBM Practice. The Sales Engineers within the practice will
report directly to the SEM and the SEM reports directly to a Sales
Engineering Director. The SEM will have dotted line responsibility
to, and tight alignment with, the IBM Sales Manager(s). The SEM
will have leadership responsibility for the Sales Engineers within
the practice and will also have direct customer interaction as the
technical leader for the practice. The SEM will act as a resource
for the Practice Sales Manager(s) in the case where they have a
specific set of accounts or territory assigned.
The Sales Engineering Manager (SEM) is responsible for recruiting,
leading, coaching and mentoring the team. This team of sales
engineers provides technical expertise through sales calls,
presentations, solution design, product and proof of concept
demonstrations, solution consultation, architecture review, and
enablement of Arrow partners. The SEM possesses a background that
includes a history of technical and business acumen, as well as
experience in working with and guiding pre-sales teams forward. The
SEM is expected to manage the team's activity, conduct one-on-one
meetings with their direct reports, and partner with sales and
technical counterparts, both internal and external, to attain their
respective go to market strategies and revenue/margin goals.
What You'll Be Doing
- Recruit and hire new Sales Engineers into the Practice.
- Train, develop and mentor direct reports to most effectively
drive and service Arrow ECS suppliers, partners and sellers.
- Will act as a player/coach for IBM solution demonstrations and
proof of concepts in the Arrow Solutions Lab.
- Act as an escalation point for their team.
- Present and demonstrate Arrow solutions to perspective
customers based on requirements to both technical and non-technical
audiences such as suppliers, partners, and Arrow sales and
- Act as an integral member to the Arrow sales teams by
contributing to the formulation of Arrow strategies and technical
approaches, including pre-sales planning and marketing
- Collaborate with the aligned sales leadership to ensure the
teams are working together to achieve their assigned goals.
- Must coordinate with IBM leaders to hit KPI goals and optimize
rebates and revenue
- Track and manage strategic programs to drive revenue/margin and
increase partner success.
- Spend time shadowing members of their team and use that to
provide feedback and coaching.
- Assist Arrow Sales team in ensuring Partner SE's are trained
and can support Practice area suppliers.
- Foster channel partner relationships with an emphasis on
- Provide technical leadership in partner interactions to include
sharing Practice area trends and best practices being employed by
other partners to actively be part of the selling process-have a
unique value with the partners in your practice area.
- Act as a floating SE and fill in for existing team members if
there is a resource conflict, or vacation coverage challenge.
- Work independently as well as within a team with limited
direction in a fast - paced environment; must be a high energy,
motivated, self-starter and be able to learn and adapt to new
- Drive constant improvement within the team which are tracked
weekly, monthly, quarterly as well as year-over-year.
- Direct account engagement and partner relationships
What Are We Looking For?
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience
with a 4-year degree; or 6 years and an advanced degree; or
- Must possess and demonstrate leadership experience in previous
- Industry knowledge of IBM Cloud Pak (Data, Integration,
Security, Watson AI Ops, etc.) solutions and modern
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a
- Must have experience utilizing Microsoft Office Products,
Salesforce, GoTo Webinar and other presentation tools.
- 25-50% of travel required
The Skills That Will Help You Succeed Even More:
- Understanding of Data Intelligence and Dev/Ops technologies:
IBM Big Data Analytics and Watson and AI Ops, RedHat OpenShift and
Ansible, Splunk, Kubernetes, Harness IO, etc.
- Understanding of Cloud Technologies, especially around IBM
Cloud, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform,
What's In It For You:
At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits
are important aspects of an ideal job. That's why we offer
competitive financial compensation, including various compensation
plans, and a solid benefits package.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- And more!
Annual Hiring Range/Hourly Rate:
$90,500.00 - $184,800.00
Actual compensation offer to candidate may vary from posted hiring
range based upon geographic location, work experience, education,
and/or skill level. The pay ratio between base pay and target
incentive (if applicable) will be finalized at offer.
US-GA-Georgia (Remote Employees)
Remote work employees may be required to be present at the closest
designated Arrow office for work-related purposes, at the Company's
request and sole discretion.
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be
considered for employment without attention to race, color,
religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP
Arrow COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
Arrow requires new employees in the United States to provide proof
of full COVID-19 vaccination prior to beginning work, except where
prohibited by law. This requirement may not apply to supply-chain
service employees assigned to work at a light industrial facility,
warehouse, distribution center, or in-plant store, who are instead
subject to location-specific safety requirements. Associated
topics: administrative, management, manager, principal, regional
sales manager, sales executive, sales leader, sales manager, team
lead, territory manager
Keywords: Arrow Electronics, Santa Fe , Sales Engineering Manager, Sales , Santa Fe, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!