Field Service Technician (Heavy Equipment Mechanic)
Company: Honnen Equipment
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Position Summary:Independently performs complex diagnostics,
service repairs, rebuilding jobs and maintenance work on customer
and/or dealer owned equipment. Completes daily tasks at customer
job sites in a safe, efficient and capable manner, using the least
number of labor hours necessary.Essential Job Functions:
- Performs complex diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance
work on customer and/or dealer owned equipment.
- Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitor
products and keeps abreast of all changes in various models of
equipment sold and serviced by the distributor.
- Reports each service call or repair job at the end of each
shift, giving the following information: (a) customer's name, (b)
make and model of unit, (c) serial number, (d) hours worked, (e)
travel time, (f) details of work performed, problems encountered,
time required, (g) parts, equipment and supplies used.
- Reports in complete detail as above with regard to warranty
- Brings to the attention of the Shop Manager/Foreman any
additional work required on a unit.
- Notifies Shop Manager/Foreman if equipment or vehicle is not in
serviceable condition or constitutes a safety hazard.
- Keeps service bulletins and parts literature current and
orderly at all times.
- Conducts himself in the presence of customers in a manner which
will retain a good opinion of the company and the Service
- Takes advantage of all opportunities to attend schools and
training sessions in order to upgrade technical competence.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations when performing work
- Mentors Service Technicians and Apprentices.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Manager.
- Associates degree preferred. High School diploma and related
experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.
- Five (5) + years of mechanic repair and maintenance experience
with Heavy Equipment.
- Ability to perform complex service repairs
- Excellent skills in operating vehicles and equipment used for
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic
systems used in the repair of heavy equipment
- Must have a good drving record and CDL or ability to obtain a
Keywords: Honnen Equipment, Santa Fe , Field Service Technician (Heavy Equipment Mechanic), Professions , Durango, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!