Transportation Construction Manager/Senior Inspector
Company: WSP USA
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Transportation Construction Manager/Senior InspectorReq ID
7873Transportation Construction Manager/Senior InspectorWho We
AreAt WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to
innovate. Were looking to grow our teams with people who are ready
to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines.
To do this, we hire candidates of all experiences, skillsets,
backgrounds and walks of life. We actively foster a work
environment and culture where inclusion and diversity is part of
our fundamental structure. This is delivered behaviorally, through
our policies, trainings, local partnerships with professional
diverse organizations, internal networks and most importantly with
the support and sponsorship of our leaders who help drive our
commitment to an inclusive, diverse, welcoming and equitable work
environment. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP
employee. Come join us and help shape the future!Our BusinessWe are
a global leader in environmental consulting - made stronger with
the recent acquisition of Woods Environment & Infrastructure
business and Golder - with world-class expertise in environmental,
social and governance (ESG), climate resiliency & sustainability
(CRS), and earth sciences. Combined we have over 20,000
multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to
protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations
for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development
to combat climate change. As part of the team, you will have access
to an unparalleled network of resources and endless opportunities
to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from
across the globe.This OpportunityWSP has a career opportunity for a
Transportation Construction Manager/Senior Inspectorwith our
Denver, CO team. Will support transportation projects primarily in
the front range from Fort Collins to Pueblo. May also support
projects in other locations in Colorado and the Western US. Our
ideal candidate has superb technical capabilities, a commitment to
delivering a quality product and the ability to provide expert
service to key clientele.Your Impact
- Will be the owners representative on site for transportation
- Report project status, needs and issues to the Client engineer
- Coordinates daily with client/owner, contractor and
subcontractors, public information officer, utilities, and other
stakeholders as needed.
- Provide oversight and construction inspection on DOT/CFLHD and
related transportation projects.
- Performs inspection of civil engineering projects to assure
compliance to with project plans and specifications for all bid
items, traffic control, and water quality measures.
- Provides review/approval for RFI, COCs, CTRs, MHTs, contractor
payrolls, water quality plans and all other submittals for projects
and makes recommendations regarding suitability.
- Understand and interpret plans and specifications.
- Reviews and processes contractor change order requests.
- Verifies and documents quantities as needed and processes
contractor payment requests.
- Identifies non-conformance issues with construction work and
helps develop potential resolution of non-conformance issues.
- Develops and completes project documentation using a computer.
Will work with client specific software such as One Note and
AASHTOWare Project SiteManager.
- Completes project final documentation according to clients
- Ensures all materials testing documentation is complete and
submitted as required by the Client.
- Manages Quality Assurance staff to assure adequate coverage of
- Will travel and work at construction sites within the Colorado
and the Western United States. Depending on location, travel, hotel
and per diem provided for field assignments.Who You AreRequired
- BS in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related
degree or extensive field experience.
- 10+ years transportation construction related experience.
- Relevant certifications are a plus. Client specific
certifications may be required.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with CDOT/DOT and/or
CFLHD related infrastructure projects.
- Proficient computer skills required. Must be able to work with
client specific software such as One Note and AASHTOWare Project
- Experience related to materials testing and inspection of
general earthwork and site grading, utilities, retaining walls,
structural concrete, bridges, utilities and pipelines, paving
(asphalt and concrete), and pedestrian facilities.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of federal/state
documentation requirements and contract requirements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work within project team environment to help deliver
- Ability and willingness to travel and work at construction
sites within the Colorado and the Western United States.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to walk on uneven ground and work in variable outside
- Ability to work various shifts depending upon construction
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and have a
satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's
driving (MVR) policy.Preferred Qualifications
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE).Compensation and
Benefits:WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including
medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings
focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout
the employees career.Expected Salary: $35 to $60/hourWSP USA is
providing the compensation range and general description of other
compensation and benefits that the company in good faith believes
it might pay and/or offer for this position based on the successful
applicants education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities
in addition to internal equity and geographic location. WSP USA
reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted
range and offer additional benefits and other compensation,
depending on circumstances not related to an applicants sex or
other status protected by local, state, or federal
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform essential job functions.Additional Details
- Travel Required: 50%
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: DENVER - S COLORADO BLVD
- All locations: US-CO-Colorado Springs, US-CO-Denver,
US-CO-Durango, US-CO-Fort Collins, US-CO-Greeley, US-CO-PuebloAbout
WSPWSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's
leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to
serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical
experts, strategic advisors and construction management
professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings,
transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more
than 15,000 employees in over 300 offices across the U.S., we
partner with our clients to help communities prosper.
www.wsp.comWSP provides a flexible, agile and hybrid workplace
model while meeting client needs. Employees are also afforded a
comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision,
disability, life, and retirement savings focused on providing
health and financial stability throughout the employees career.At
WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow
their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your
team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and
challenges. Are you ready to get started?WSP USA (and all of its
U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.The
selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United
Keywords: WSP USA, Santa Fe , Transportation Construction Manager/Senior Inspector, Professions , Durango, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!