Maintenance Work Planning & Control Manager-Livermore, CA Lo
Location: Los Alamos
Posted on: April 4, 2021
We are still hiring during COVID-19. Click here for details. We
are still hiring during COVID-19.
While the world faces COVID-19, we want you to know we are still
Because we care about your safety, we will be looking to shift
in-person interviews to virtual interviews, we will be joining and
sponsoring virtual job fairs in the coming days and weeks. Our
recruiters and hiring managers have the tools they need to conduct
We are looking forward to meeting you, albeit virtually and safely.
We will all get through this together.
"Working together, we will emerge stronger than ever as a nation,"
John Vollmer, Amentum CEO Maintenance Work Planning & Control
Manager-Livermore, CA Location Only
- Los Alamos, New Mexico; Livermore, California
- 23899 Job Summary
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory seeks to fill the position
of-- Maintenance Work Planning and Control (WP&C) Manager--at
our Livermore, CA site to lead efforts for maintenance work
planning across LLNL, to include work in nuclear facilities. As the
Technical Leader, you will ensure integration and alignment of
maintenance work planning with the institutional WP&C process.
You will interact with other managers from across the Laboratory
and oversee the efforts to define the functionality for work
requests and work orders within the Computerized Maintenance
Management System (CMMS), ensuring that maintenance service
providers are engaged in the development process. The Maintenance
WP&C Manager will also serve as the LLNL Lockout/Tagout (LOTO)
Program Manager. You will serve as a member of the WP&C
Functional Area Office management team. This position is in the
Work Planning and Control Office. This position will be filled at
either--level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed
by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined
below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level. In this
- Provide technical leadership for developing the institutional
requirements, processes, and procedures for maintenance work
planning and LOTO, including defining functionality of the
supporting electronic Tools (including the Enterprise Asset
Management System and WP&C Tool).
- Provide oversight of the Maintenance Lead Work Planner and
maintenance work planners. Lead, develop, and implement the Work
Planner Endorsement Qualification for Maintenance Work
- Integrate the maintenance work planning processes with the
institutional T-week scheduling process, working closely with the
- Provide leadership in the development of preventive maintenance
instruction and equipment-specific LOTO procedures needed to
facilitate efficient work planning.
- Train and mentor the responsible managers and supervisors for
both mission and site-wide maintenance service provider
organizations to ensure WP&C requirements are met within their
areas of responsibility.
- Chair standing working groups and/or advisory committees to
drive institutional change in maintenance work planning and LOTO.
Lead working groups comprised of maintenance service providers and
application developers to define business processes and tool
- Develop metrics and performance indicators for maintenance
planning and LOTO, and status the WP&C Program Manager and
responsible managers of the maintenance service provider
organizations regarding performance, an recommend
- Serve as the ES&H directorate resource and subject matter
expert for maintenance planning and LOTO at LLNL, and serve as a
member of the LLNL Work Control Review Board.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Additional job
responsibilities, at the TSL.5 level
- Provide advanced technical leadership and development skills
for the implementation of complex institutional requirements,
processes, and procedures for maintenance work planning and LOTO,
including defining functionality of the supporting electronic Tools
(including the Enterprise Asset Management System and WP&C
- Provide advanced training and technical leadership for the
Maintenance Lead Work Planner and maintenance work planners.
- Serve as an organizational representative to DOE, DNFSB, and
other external reviewers for the maintenance planning and LOTO
programs. To apply go to: https://us.smrtr.io/3Tk
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field or the
equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience leading and expert knowledge of maintenance WP&C
and LOTO processes.
- Significant experience leading and managing technical
maintenance, operations, or facility programs with complex
requirements and rigorous oversight, such as those in the nuclear
or hazardous facilities.
- Significant technical leadership experience which required
interactions with senior management and external regulatory
- Significant experience leading, developing, and championing
creative and innovative solutions to complex issues and problems
related to WP&C and LOTO, utilizing strong skills in project
management, problem-solving, conflict resolution, persuasion,
negotiation, and consensus-building and independent judgement to
ensure milestones are met.
- Significant experience leading change and mentoring various
levels of staff, including technicians, engineers, and managers
through a change process.
- Expert technical, organizational, collaboration, necessary to
resolve complex issues.
- Expert verbal and written communication, facilitation,
collaboration and presentation skills required to effectively
present, explain and advise senior management and external
regulators. Additional qualifications at the TSL.5 level
- Extensive leadership and management experience in a
large-scale, mission-oriented organization consisting of multiple
organizations with varying levels of oversight and technical and
operational management required.
- Extensive experience with leading/managing operational programs
with an emphasis on work control, facility operations, risk
management, or Environmental Safety and Health (ES&H) areas,
which may include planning, overseeing, and balancing operational
and budget priorities to achieve desired results.
- Substantial experience in being politically adept, influential
with the ability to build strong and sustained partnerships across
diverse and broad internal and external organizations.
Qualifications We Desire
- Master's degree in Engineering or a related field.
- Experience working at DOE or non-government hazardous
facilities in nuclear operations and/or work planning and control
- Q Clearance-If applicant does not currently hold a Q Clearance
will have to be eligible to obtain one after hire.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security
clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship. Qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Amentum, Santa Fe , Maintenance Work Planning & Control Manager-Livermore, CA Lo, Professions , Los Alamos, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!