Counselor - Recovery House and Bridge Houses
Company: Santa Fe Recovery Center
Location: Santa Fe
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description:The Bridge Houses are supportive sober living houses
in Santa Fe. Clients are expected to follow house rules, attend 1
outpatient group per week, meet with a counselor biweekly, meet
with their case manager weekly, and attend at minimum 3 mutual
support groups per week. The Counselor would provide
gender-specific groups to the houses once per week. Clients are
enrolled for up to 9 months.Under the supervision of the Clinical
Manager, the Counselor in the Men's Recovery House and Bridge
Houses program provide counseling and therapy services to clients
with substance use disorders (SUD) and co-occurring mental health
disorders. The Counselor conducts individual and group counseling
with SFRC clients under the structured framework of state and
federal law, the counseling code of ethics, and SFRC evidence-based
practices (EBP) and policies and procedures. Responsible for
creating and maintaining a therapeutic and safe environment for
clients.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform biopsychosocial assessments on clients utilizing ASAM
criteria guidelines and other evaluation tools in compliance with
- Work with clients on the development and implementation of
their personalized, individual treatment plan which addresses their
self-identified co-occurring treatment issues. Document client
progress notes that reflect their treatment goals and objectives,
including client medical issues. Clinical documentation will comply
with agency and CARF standards.
- Provide individual and group therapy utilizing Evidenced Based
and best practices in SUD treatment, psycho-education
cognitive/behavioral methods, motivational interviewing, and
holistic other therapeutic modalities.
- Utilize and adhere to the 12 Step philosophy in treatment to
support recovery-based health.
- Maintain client charts in the Electronic Health system in
compliance with agency, CARF, and Medicaid standards. Charts must
be complete case files on all assigned clients, ensuring all
required services, forms, and reports are documented, complete, and
- Respond to client emergencies following SFRC policies and
procedures and in accordance with training.
- Coordinate and collaborate with referral services at other
agencies for services not provided by SFRC.
- Participate in initial and ongoing training on ASAM Criteria
and other EBPs utilized for client service delivery. Maintains
fidelity to the EBP being utilized.
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary team to provide
comprehensive client care.
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with State and Federal
law, the counseling code of ethics, and SFRC policies and
- Participate in ongoing individual and group supervision with
Clinical Director and other program staff.
- Conducts QA chart reviews of current clients during group
supervision as required.
- Attends all mandatory Staff Meetings/Training.
- Performs other related duties as required by Clinical
- Current New Mexico Board licensure as LMHC, LPCC. LMSW, LCSW,
- At least two years of experience working with clients with
co-occurring mental health/substance abuse diagnoses, providing
individual and group psychotherapy.
- In the case of recovering SUD individuals, must have
successfully maintained a two (2) year period of uninterrupted
abstinence from alcohol and/or drugs.
- Must be computer literate in order to effectively maintain
compliance with BHSD Standards and requirements for use of
computerized client assessments, data systems, etc.
- Maintain current, valid NM Driver's License. Must also have and
maintain a clean driving record and auto insurance.
- Bi-lingual/Bi-cultural preferred. (English/Spanish)Competitive
Employee Benefits Package:The following benefits are offered to our
full-time employees, their spouses, domestic partners, and
dependent children:1. Medical2. 4% Matching 401(k) 3. Dental4.
Vision5. Accident (Part-Time Eligible)6. Critical Illness
(Part-Time Eligible)7. Employer-paid Disability8. Voluntary
Life/AD&D9. Teladoc Virtual Visits (Part-Time Eligible)In
addition, the following benefits are extended to all full-time
employees:1. Employer-paid Disability2. Employer-paid Basic
Keywords: Santa Fe Recovery Center, Santa Fe , Counselor - Recovery House and Bridge Houses, Other , Santa Fe, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!