Sr. Field Tech Support
Company: Horizontal Talent
Location: Santa Fe
Posted on: May 12, 2022
- Provide in knowledgeable PC software, hardware, and network
connectivity troubleshooting, as well as advanced knowledge of MAC
- Diagnose and resolve these issues for corporate employees and
- Installation, configuration and onsite support of PC software,
hardware, and network devices located within the designated
- Proactive and effective customer service skills are an absolute
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Provide support in person and/or by phone to local and remote
- Keeps customer informed of issues and provides update in status
in ticket tracking system, Service Now.
- Installs, configures and troubleshoots Windows & MacOS
operating systems and other approved peripherals.
- Installs, configures and troubleshoots network cards/Wi-Fi
network connectivity software.
- Installs, configures and troubleshoots proprietary application
- Assists Network Engineers in debugging network issues as
required on site.
- Setup or moving of PC/Mac workstations or laptops
- Configures and troubleshoots network printers and printing on
- Resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Ensure customer satisfaction with every interaction.
- Performs special projects as requested by supervisor.
- Escalates issues as necessary to other groups within the IT
- May be required to travel overnight.
- Offers help to accomplish tasks or objectives outside ones area
of primary responsibility.
- Brings problems to someone's attention that can help when
unable to offer personal assistance.
- Treats customers (internal and external), colleagues,
subordinates and superiors with respect.
- Communicates with customers (internal and external), peers,
subordinates and superiors with a positive and professional
- Communicates all the information necessary for someone to
understand any given situation and confirms understanding from the
individual(s) being given the information.
- Listens and observes attentively, allowing an exchange of
information. Anticipates questions.
- Writes clearly and concisely, with an appropriate awareness of
the intended audience.
- Responds in a timely and effective manner to internal and
external correspondence and communication
- Uses sound logical judgment to choose an appropriate course of
- Takes decisive action and seeks assistance of others in
decision-making, as appropriate.
- Evaluates risks, consequences, and interests of those affected
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Basic understanding of networking and TCP protocol
- Ability to install &troubleshoot operating system
- Ability to install hardware, peripherals and resolve hardware
- Ability to provide support via telephone to end-users
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and possess a high degree
- Ability to take initiative and work well under
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong team player attitude essential
- Strong Time Management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Windows and MacOS (installation and troubleshoot)
- Microsoft Office (installation and troubleshoot)
- 2 years desktop and Internet access support experience
- Strong knowledge in all Microsoft Products including (Office,
Office365 applications, Sharepoint, and Yammer)
- Basic network and server administration knowledge.
- 3+ years desktop support experience
- Experience with MAC OS and Apple i-products
- MCSA and/or CNA, or 2 years experience as technical support
person in a network environment.
- Windows MCP or 2 years equivalent experience.
- Experience with HTML, Flash, and other web technologies.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- MCSA or MCSE, A+, or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to lift computers, printers, and monitors up to 50
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate computer keyboards
and mouse as well as others computer components.
- Ability to get to branch offices by individuals own means of
transportation and a valid drivers license while carrying
tools\equipment and spare parts.
- Frequent travel between office locations
Candidates should be:
- Have strong communication
- Stay on top of their work
- Be proactive and help solve problems
- Provide quick efficient service to the offices
- Report and document all service request in ticketing
- Follow up and follow through are mandatory
Keywords: Horizontal Talent, Santa Fe , Sr. Field Tech Support, Other , Santa Fe, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!