Project Manager - Technical Services
Company: Tetra Tech, Inc.
Location: Los Alamos
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want
to do meaningful work that keeps you on top of the latest technical
developments and improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will
work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using
their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water,
environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and
Tech2 Solutions (T2S) is a critical subcontractor on the N3B Los
Alamos LLC team and will be providing program management and
technical services in support of the ground & surface water
monitoring as well as groundwater remediation programs at the U.S.
Department of Energy's Los Alamos National Laboratory.
T2S is a full-service engineering and environmental consulting
company with a worldwide reach in the areas of environmental
monitoring and remediation, national security, systems engineering,
data management and analytics for both federal and commercial
T2S is currently seeking an experienced Project Manager
-Technical Services. While working to achieve N3B LLCC objectives,
will ensure all activities and operations are performed in a safe
and deliberate manner; will maintain required safety, security and
operational training; assure procedural and regulatory compliance;
and make safety and security an integral part of every task;
including taking the necessary steps to stop work if continuing the
job is unsafe or compromises security.
- Assists the Control Account Manager (CAM) with managing the
scope, schedule, and budget for Technical Services, including
Geographic Information Systems (GIS), civil engineering, database
management, and telemetry systems.
- Supervises staff in these project areas.
- Ensures effective implementation of GIS services, storm water
control design and construction, database/query development, and
management of telemetry systems.
- Integrates with Water Programs Operations on issues related to
successful conduct of field operations related to storm water
control construction and telemetry systems.
- Verifies the implementation of safety and quality programs by
- Interacts with N3B management and local stakeholder staff as
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (may include, but are not
- Assists the Watershed Management and Technical Services Program
Manager in ensuring Contract compliance within the Technical
- Plans, prepares, and issues project and task schedules and
reports to meet N3B, DOE-EM, NMED, and EPA requirements.
- Assists CAM in baseline development, invoice approvals, reviews
and updates to project schedules, cost estimates, and estimate at
- Assists CAM in assuring financial and progress information in
T2S business systems is uploaded to N3B business systems.
- Assists CAM in managing the status of work in progress,
cost-to-date, personnel availability, development of scopes of work
(SOW), subcontracts, and project issues.
- Responsible for overall delivery of projects safely, on-time,
and at an optimal cost.
- Responsible for assisting CAM in updating work control and
project data databases.
- Responsible for managing the preparation, content, and quality
of deliverables and reports.
- Complies with all health & safety policies and practices.
- Complies with all site access and security requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering or related technical
discipline, or equivalent work and education experience can be
- 10 years' experience.
- Expert knowledge and ability to develop and apply highly
advanced principles, concepts and techniques in project management
involving GIS, engineering, corrective actions, environmental
services, and/or ecological services.
- Skill and ability to perform critical strategic tasks and to
interpret broad strategic requirements and develop and execute
plans to satisfy them.
- Ability to have an impact on organizational success and
productivity, with latitude for independent judgment.
- Ability to communicate effectively at the highest levels.
- Ability to develop and lead large sized projects, including
defining scope, objectives, and methods.
- Ability to train and mentor more junior staff.
- Can be viewed as an expert within a specialty and as highly
competent within the broad discipline, both internally and
- An advanced level of mathematical skills, communication skills,
reasoning ability, and computer skills necessary to perform
essential functions of the job.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented project environment.
- Familiarity with the LANL site, access requirements, general
employee requirements, and work environment preferred.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements (Light Work):
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to
Light Work Category:
- Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for
- The employee exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible
amount of force constantly to move objects.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use
hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch,
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision and distance vision.
- This job description reflects management's assignment of
essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts
management's right to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.
- In this position the qualified candidate may support one of
more of the following departments, Groundwater Monitoring, Surface
Water Monitoring, Drilling, Storm Water Corrective Actions, and/or
- The qualified candidate may be required to attain and maintain
a DOE Q clearance.
- Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of
the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Individual must pass a pre-employment drug screen and accept
all company policies.
- This position may require a physical fit-for-duty screen as
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and
engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the
resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local,
client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the
world. We are Leading with Science to provide sustainable and
resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that
supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are
proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by
For more information on our company, please visit our website at
www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover
letter on the Careers portion of our website at
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those
selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is
committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested
parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request
priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
Keywords: Tetra Tech, Inc., Santa Fe , Project Manager - Technical Services, Other , Los Alamos, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!