Front Desk Host
Company: El Monte Sagrado
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Full-time Hourly Position starting at $13.50 hourly
DOE + benefits.
Located in Taos, NM. Working out of our El Monte
Sagrado Resort & Spa.
At Heritage Hotels & Resorts Inc, we strive to create an
environment where the skills and creativity of our employees can
flourish and will be recognized and rewarded. More importantly,
employees at Heritage know that their work in preserving and
advancing the state's cultural heritage will benefit mankind now
and in the future.
Position Purpose: The Guest Experience Host
sets the tone for the Heritage experience, and is the main point of
contact for duration of a guests stay. Guest Experience Hosts are
expected to be professional consistent and energetic when they
welcome the guests stay at a Heritage property. Our Guest
Experience Hosts will articulate the story, inspiration, behind the
experience of Heritage, while prioritizing and being mindful of the
guests needs. The Guest Experience Host is an essential support to
the Front of House team in creating unforgettable experiences for
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Essential Duties and
- Work under direction of Guest Experience Manager and/or
Supervisor on shift (the lead Guest Experience Host).
- Communicate daily with leadership regarding job assignments and
- Maintain high level of positive and professional approach with
coworkers and guests.
- Welcome guests to the unique accommodation experience of
Heritage by articulating the story, inspiration, and mindset of the
property to our guests.
- Passionately deliver refined, seamless service, while upholding
the highest level of confidentiality for the safety and comfort of
- Provide knowledgeable recommendations for guests about hotel
events, amenities, local attractions, restaurants, etc.
- Assign guests to their rooms before arrival, communicating the
care that is taken to make their stay comfortable and safe.
- Answer the phone, make reservations, take and distribute
messages or mail and redirect calls.
- Post charges, such as those for rooms, food, beverage, or
- Review accounts and charges with guests during the check-out
- Respond to guest challenges and find the appropriate resolution
in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintain the upmost confidentiality and care with guest
- Manage all aspects of our reservations system.
- Upsell room types, dinner reservations, and spa appointments
- Maintain cleanliness of front desk area.
- Comply with safety and sanitation regulations and standards at
- Acknowledge special occasions with guests; weddings, birthdays,
anniversary, etc. further providing room upgrades and amenities
- Attend required training sessions or meetings.
- Other duties as assigned consistent with the functions of this
position as needed at the property.
- Must be a passionate people person, as this job is highly
interactive and requires superb customer service skills.
- Friendly and warm demeanor, excellent verbal communication and
ability to multitask while maintaining poise.
- Competent with computer technology to easily learn reservation
management system, the point of sale system to process payments,
and Microsoft Office Suite for basic document manipulation and
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including
weekends, holidays and late nights.
- Ability to work on feet for eight hours or more.
- Must be able to lift/push/reach for/carry 25+ pounds
- 6 months to 1 year or equivalent combination of education and
experience; high volume guest-interfacing hospitality experience
- High school diploma or equivalent experience/training.
NM Safe Certified Hotelier, Inspiring Our
Communities, & Celebrating Local Artisans.
Heritage Hotels & Resorts Inc. is an Equal
Keywords: El Monte Sagrado, Santa Fe , Front Desk Host, Other , Taos, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!