Director, Facilities - Hospital Maintenance - Plant Operations
Company: Presbyterian Healthcare Services
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Presbyterian Espanola Hospital (PEH) is seeking an experienced
hospital facilities management leader to join our leadership team
as Director of Facilities! You'll join a supportive, proactive, and
collaborative executive team and work from a beautiful location -
Espanola, New Mexico.
This role is largely focused on the maintenance of the facility
- ensuring that PEH is well maintained and compliant with
regulatory bodies. We are very fortunate for the passage of a mill
levy, which provides funding for facility repairs, new equipment,
equipment repairs and/or construction. Direct reports are
Environmental Services (EVS), Maintenance Manager, Safety Officer,
EMS Manager, and Security.
Make your life count for more here! Discover more about working
for regional facilities of Presbyterian through viewing this brief
Summary:Directs the overall operations, maintenance and
management of the Presbyterian Espanola facility; And Safety,
Security, Environmental Services, Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
and hospital Emergency Management for campus occupancies in
accordance with Presbyterian policy, State and Federal laws and
For assigned Departments, works with managers to:
- Oversee physical maintenance and operations of buildings,
facilities and building systems. Assist with planning and execution
of building construction or renovation. Supervise maintenance and
- Ensure ongoing assessment and maintenance of all physical
facilities and an uninterrupted flow of utilities based upon
existing design criteria.
- Conduct periodic review and assessments of facilities and
associated documentation as part of regular mock survey schedule.
Provides written summary of periodic review of mock surveys and
reports results to respective leadership teams and committees as
- Ensure the 24/7 operations of all assigned Departments to meet
the needs of patients and the community in accordance with
Presbyterian policy and with State and Federal regulations.
- Coordinate the implementation of Joint Commission -required
Emergency Management, Life Safety and Environment of Care
- Assure personnel management, including scheduling, hiring,
orientation, assignment of work, staff engagement, counseling,
discipline, education, evaluation and termination, according to
current Presbyterian policy.
- Develop and monitor operating budgets, revenue and expenditures
of assigned areas of responsibility in accordance with approved
budget; analyzes and reports fiscal activity to leadership and
Board, makes recommendation and/or takes appropriate action to
reduce the cost of providing services.
- Develop and monitor quality and process improvement plans for
assigned Departments to better meet the needs of patients,
communities, personnel and to align with evidence-based practice
and regulatory compliance.
- Develop and implement standardized reporting and documentation
tools at PEH in alignment with the requirements of the Joint
Commission, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid, Public Regulation
Commission and other regulatory entities.
- Ensure the ongoing, high-quality operation and coordination of
EMS services to include 911 response and inter-facility
- Provides organizational leadership for Environmental Services,
directs the operational activities, coordinates contracted services
and ensures the cleanliness and appearance of the PEH and PMG
facilities including all patient, office and common areas.
- Establish and actively manage a program of facility life safety
including but not limited to managing and maintaining facility life
safety systems and infrastructure (fire and smoke suppression and
detection systems, fire/smoke compartmentalization and doors,
egress path management, illumination and signage, Documentation of
all Life Safety activities.
- Develop and oversees Interim Life Safety Measures (ILSM)
program to compensate when life safety systems in facilities are
compromised or impaired. Documents all ILSM activities.
- Serve as the leader of the Environment of Care (EOC)
- Ensure standards compliance with regards to construction and
- Attend educational forums for healthcare facility and EMS
- Interpret and enforces organizational and departmental policies
- Take Administrator Call for the Hospital as assigned
- Driving and oversight of operations in homes and patient care
- Bachelors Degree in related field required
- 5+ years of related facilities management experience
- Acute care hospital maintenance leadership experience at the
senior manager or director level is required
Benefits Benefits are effective day-one (for .45 FTE and above)
- Competitive salaries
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Free wellness programs
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Retirement plans, including matching employer
- Continuing education and career development opportunities
- Life insurance and short/long term disability programs
About Us Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned,
not-for-profit healthcare system of nine hospitals, a statewide
health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in
New Mexico in 1908, it is the state's largest private employer with
approximately 14,000 employees. Presbyterian's story is really the
story of the remarkable people who have chosen to work here.
Starting with Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the
hard work of thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and
other volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis
sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system, serving more than
700,000 New Mexicans. We are part of New Mexico's history - and
committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just
as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to
About New Mexico New Mexico's unique blend of Spanish, Mexican
and Native American influences contribute to a culturally rich
lifestyle. Add in Albuquerque's International Balloon Fiesta, Los
Alamos' nuclear scientists, Roswell's visitors from outer space,
and Santa Fe's artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people,
places and experiences that make this state great. Cities in New
Mexico are continually ranked among the nation's best places to
work and live by Forbes magazine, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, and
other corporate and government relocation managers like Worldwide
ERC. New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to
explore, and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten
path, challenge your body in the elements, or open yourself up to
the expansive sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing,
snowboarding and boating, it's all available among our beautiful
wonders of the west.
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free
employer with smoke free campuses.
Keywords: Presbyterian Healthcare Services, Santa Fe , Director, Facilities - Hospital Maintenance - Plant Operations, Other , Espanola, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!