Engineer 4 - 2401
Company: Huntington Ingalls Industries
Location: los alamos
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Search by Keyword (use Keyword for Remote Positions)
A division of Huntington Ingalls Industries
This position will be located in Los Alamos, NM.
The ideal candidate must be open to possible relocation in the
futureas this position has the potential to support other DOE sites
in various states.
Performs engineering functions in one or more of the following
specialties: electronics, electrical, mechanical, civil, nuclear,
- Performs nuclear criticality safety evaluations as the senior
Nuclear Criticality Safety (NCS) Analyst.
- Performs independent reviews of nuclear criticality safety
technical reports and evaluations.
- Conducts periodic reviews of operations. Provides NCS technical
guidance to operating organizations.
- Conducts reviews of new or proposed changes to existing
significant quantity fissile/fissionable material operating
procedures and in making recommended changes or additions to
guidelines and limits to mitigate the consequences of inadvertent
- Leads the NCS element response to events, including NCS
programmatic infractions and criticality accidents.
- Leads and/or participates in assessments and audits of the
Nuclear Criticality Safety Program
- Assists in the development and/or reviews of new or proposed
changes to existing NCS programmatic policy and implementing
- Ensures all nuclear criticality safety results, materials,
processes and final products meet quality specifications and are
completed according to established requirements.
- Conducts nuclear criticality safety training for all levels of
employees involved in fissionable material operations, including
Operations personnel and NCS personnel.
- Regularly interfaces with the DOE for criticality safety issues
- Participates in the development of criticality safety technical
proposals, project cost/schedule documentation, and provides
technical leadership to resolve issues, including conferring with
project officials to resolve situations where hazards are beyond
9 years relevant experience with Bachelors in related field; 7
years relevant experience with Masters in related field; or 4 years
relevant experience with PhD or Juris Doctorate in related
- Demonstrated experience with qualitative and quantitative
accident analysis techniques, and criticality safety analysis
- Ability to develop criticality safety evaluation (NCSE) and
supporting criticality calculation in accordance with DOE standards
- Ability to develop criticality safety strategies, specifying
criticality safety structures, systems, and components (SSC)
- Must have experience in participating and leading in the
performance of nuclear criticality safety evaluations for all new
and changed significant quantity fissile/fissionable material
- Extensive knowledge of legal requirements affecting nuclear
- Subject matter expert in the use of the common computer codes
and cross sections in terms of modeling and physical interpretation
or know what sources to consult to obtain the correct
- Knowledge of and proficiency in Department of Energy [DOE] and
industry standards on safety basis
- Experience performing risk and hazard analyses for a
nuclear/non-nuclear facility preferred
- Experience with Department of Energy [DOE] or Nuclear
Regulatory Commission facilities preferred
- Knowledge and ability to develop and apply highly advanced
principles, concepts and techniques in general engineering
- Skill and ability to perform critical strategic tasks and to
interpret broad strategic requirements and develop and execute
plans to satisfy them
- Ability to develop and lead large sized projects, including
defining scope, objectives and methods
Office or industrialenvironment. Capable of climbing ladders and
tolerating confined spaces and extreme temperature variances.
Lifting and moving of materials not to exceed the guidelines set
for one man lift.
Huntington Ingalls Industries is Americas largest military
shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to
partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HIIs
Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and
Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any
other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HIIs Technical Solutions division
provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet
Support, Mission Driven Innovative Solutions, Nuclear &
Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News,
Virginia, HII employs more than 42,000 people operating both
domestically and internationally.
Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and
Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain
Keywords: Huntington Ingalls Industries, Santa Fe , Engineer 4 - 2401, Other , los alamos, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!