Full Time Registered Nurse at Springer Correctional Center in Springer, NM
Company: Wexford Health Sources Inc
Posted on: May 3, 2021
POSITION: Registered Nurse
LOCATION: Springer Correctional Center
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is a member of the Wexford family:
a group of the nation's leading innovative correctional health care
companies. At Wexford Health Sources, Inc., our philosophy is that
health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply
care for those in need and the corrections environment is our
- Under the clinical supervision of the Director of Nursing, the
incumbent is responsible for delivery of patient care through the
nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and
- Also directs and guides patient teaching activities and
ancillary personnel, while maintaining standards of professional
- Utilizes electronic medical record system as applicable
throughout the scope of duties and responsibilities.
- Assesses physical, psychological and psychosocial dimensions of
patients within the healthcare unit and, as necessary, in the
- Applies knowledge of illnesses, injuries and diseases using
available resources in obtaining a health history, and in the
- Provides leadership to RNs, LPNs, MAs, CNAs and other nursing
paraprofessionals in patient care as related to medical aspects of
- Reviews and monitors all offenders receiving medications, as
assigned and maintains charts and records.
- Utilize therapeutic communication skills and effective
interviewing techniques to elicit pertinent historical information
and make appropriate referral as required.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package
- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An
equivalent combination of education and experience may be
LICENSING: Current, valid New Mexico Registered Nursing
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR Certification
EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
Associate's Degree required; Bachelors' Degree preferred.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Minimum one (1) year of clinical
experience; correctional nursing experience a plus
Keywords: Wexford Health Sources Inc, Santa Fe , Full Time Registered Nurse at Springer Correctional Center in Springer, NM, Other , Springer, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!