Company: Presbyterian Medical Services
Location: Santa Fe
Posted on: May 3, 2021
This position works as part of a teaching team to assist in the
orderly functioning of the classroom to provide an appropriate
social-emotional environment in order to expand the child's ability
to learn and grow. Position may involve the reassignment to various
classrooms/centers as deemed necessary for program operations.
- 18 years or older.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must have one of the following:
o Current Child Development Associate (CDA) credential for
preschool-aged children; OR
o State-awarded certificate for center-based preschool teachers
including the New Mexico Child Development Certificate (CDC);
o One-year certificate in Early Childhood Education; OR
o Office of Head Start approved CDA equivalent; OR
o enrolled within ten business days of hire in one of the above
programs that will be completed within two years; OR
o an Associate or Bachelor's degree (in any area) or enrolled in
a program leading to such a degree.
- Must complete a 45 hour entry level course or an approved three
credit early care and education course or equivalent approved by
the New Mexico Children Youth & Families Department prior to or
within six months of hire.
- Experience working with children ages birth through five years
in an early childhood environment preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish / English or Navajo / English preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Have or be able to obtain First Aid and BLS/CPR certifications
within 30 days of hire. Certifications must meet the requirements
listed in the document "BLS / CPR / ACLS & First Aid Training
Resources" posted on Staurolite. It is your responsibility to keep
your certifications current at all times.
This position requires successful completion of an initial
post-offer of employment:
- Health exam (and annually thereafter in accordance with PMS
- TB Test (and upon exposure in accordance with PMS
In accordance with the federal Head Start Act, Section 648A(g)
and the New Mexico Administrative Code 8.8.3., this position
- Criminal Background Checks.
Keywords: Presbyterian Medical Services, Santa Fe , Teacher Assistant, Other , Santa Fe, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!