Drilling Field Team Lead - Geologist/Scientist - Los Alamos, NM
Company: Tetra Tech
Location: Los Alamos
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are working
together for the future of our world. We combine engineering and
science with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's
most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will
enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your
professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you
will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists,
and technologists. Join us today. You will be proud to be a part of
a company built on Leading with Science. Tech2 Solutions (T2S)
--is--a critical subcontractor on the N3B Los Alamos LLC team--and
will be--providing program management and technical services in
support of the ground & surface water monitoring program at the
U.S. Department of Energy's Los Alamos National Laboratory. T2S is
a full-service engineering and environmental consulting company
with a worldwide reach in the areas of environmental monitoring and
remediation, national security, systems engineering, data
management and analytics for both federal and commercial
customers.-- T2S --is currently seeking an experienced-- Drilling
Field Team Lead - Geologist/Scientist .-- While working to achieve
N3B LLCC objectives, will ensure all activities and operations are
performed in a safe and deliberate manner; will maintain required
safety, security and operational training; assure procedural and
regulatory compliance; and make safety and security an integral
part of every task; including taking the necessary steps to stop
work if continuing the job is unsafe or compromises security.
Responsibilities: Drilling Program --Duties/Responsibilities (may
include, but are not limited to):
- Oversee drilling activities including preparation of boring
logs and evaluation of soil cores, acting as site ESH & QA
- Oversee the subcontractor on well refurbishment, aquifer
testing, wellhead completions and abandonment, acting as site ESH &
- Review and track subcontractor daily reports, and support
safety quality audits and findings to confirm subcontractor
- Essential --Duties/Responsibilities (may include, but are not
- Support the preparation of the Project Readiness Process
Procedure, Project Preparedness, Field Implementation Plan and
other required documents.
- Coordinate with ER Operations support team for site access,
permitting and event notification.
- Maintain detailed technical logbook records of all field
- Provides construction support including RFI responses, DCNs as
applicable, and preparation of completion reports for each project
- Coordinate waste management support.
- Coordinate sampling in support of site characterization and
- Supports development of required reports.
- Provides oversight and random audits of the
- Complies with all health & safety policies and practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Geology, Engineering, Science, or related
technical discipline, or equivalent; however, a combination of
education and relevant experience wherein the knowledge, skills and
abilities to perform the position's duties and responsibilities
have been adequately demonstrated is acceptable.
- The career level of the position will be determined by the
years of relevant experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities;
after a candidate has been chosen.
- Broad understanding of principles, concepts and techniques in
the field of general science.
- Skill and ability to perform complex professional tasks
independently with little instruction.
- Ability to work within established policies and procedures,
using independent judgment and ingenuity.
- Ability to train and mentor more junior staff.
- Level of language skills, mathematical skills, communication
skills, reasoning ability and computer skills necessary to perform
essential functions of the job.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented project environment.
- Familiarity with the LANL site and work environment preferred.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements (Moderate Work)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to
moderate. Light Work Category :
- Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for
- The employee exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally
and/or up to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible
amount of force constantly to move objects.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use
hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch,
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision and distance vision.
- During drilling and well maintenance work on site, work often
moves to a 7day/12hr (day & night) shift schedule in order to cover
24/7 drilling. General:
- This job description reflects management's assignment of
essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts
management's right to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.
- In this position the qualified candidate may support one of
more of the following departments, Drilling and Well Maintenance,
Groundwater Monitoring, and/or Remediation Operations.--
- The qualified candidate may be required to attain and maintain
a DOE Q clearance.
- Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of
the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Individual must pass a pre-employment drug screen and accept
all company policies. This position may require a physical
fit-for-duty screen as well, At Tetra Tech, we provide a
collaborative environment that supports individual performance,
innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive
compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting
http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits Tetra Tech is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity and inclusion are among Tetra
Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has
prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified
candidates will be considered without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age,
abilities, sexual orientation, and gender identity. We invite
resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at
www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting
projects we are currently working on. Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA
federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for
available positions. Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
No calls or agencies Additional Information
- Organization: 194 CES My Profile Create and manage profiles for
Keywords: Tetra Tech, Santa Fe , Drilling Field Team Lead - Geologist/Scientist - Los Alamos, NM, Other , Los Alamos, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!