Company: Buffalo Thunder Resort & Casino
Location: Santa Fe
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Preference for Hiring in EmploymentIt shall be the policy and
practice of the Corporate Employers to recruit Corporate Team
Members according or the following priorities:
First: Qualified candidates who are enrolled members of the Pueblo
Second: Qualified candidates who are not enrolled members of the
Pueblo of Pojoaque, but who are spouses, significant others, or
children of enrolled members of the Pueblo of Pojoaque.
Third: Qualified candidates who are enrolled members of another
(Non-Pojoaque) Indian Tribe.
Fourth: Other qualified Candidates
2019-PGI-042: Line Cook
Code: 2019-PGI-042 FT/PT Status: Full Time Department: Barranca
Caf-- JOB PURPOSE: Prepare and cook food; while following all food
handling & cleaning guidelines.
- Food preparation: May wash, peel, cut, seed, and shred
vegetables and fruits to prepare them for use. May clean, cut,
trim, and grind meats, poultry, and seafood prior to cooking. Dips
food items in crumbs, flour, and batter.
- Cooking: Prepares, seasons, stirs, strains, and cooks soups,
sauces, meats, vegetables, desserts, and other foods. Measures and
mixes ingredients according to recipes using a variety of kitchen
utensils and equipment. Carries pans, kettles, and trays of food to
and from buffet, stoves, and refrigerators. Grills, cooks, and
fills dishes to be ready for buffet. Utilizes food surplus and
leftovers. Observes and tests cooked foods by tasting and smelling
them. Checks freshness of foods by ensuring proper temperatures (38
degrees for cold foods, and 155 degrees for hot foods). May bake
bread, rolls, cakes, and pastries.
- Safety and cleanliness: Cleans and sanitizes work area,
equipment, and utensils. Segregates and removes garbage, and cleans
and sanitizes garbage containers. May wash dishes, cooking
utensils, and related items as needed
- May be required to work in other areas of Food and Beverage
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES):
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Good knowledge of food preparation, to read and interpret
recipes, and kitchen safety techniques
- Good knowledge of safety techniques, rotation of foods, and
- Ability to prepare and season meats, soups, vegetables and
- Knowledge of thermostat controls to regulate temperatures
- Demonstrated commitment to a career in food & beverage
- Basic math, reading, and English language skills
REQUIRED EDUCATION OR COMBINATION OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school Diploma or GED
- Minimum of (1) year fry line experience
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Kitchen/dining room setting. Shift work required. Required to
work weekends, holidays, and overtime.
- Standing/Walking, 100%
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- May need to work outdoors occasionally for special events
- Exposure to heat and smoke from stoves and ovens
- Exposure to some cleaning chemicals
- Required to use and operate equipment and utensils such as
broilers, grills, roasters, steam kettles, knives, slicers,
industrial commercial mixer, and industrial dishwashing machine
- Must follow and enforce safety precautions and requirements
when operating or using equipment, utensils, and chemicals
Keywords: Buffalo Thunder Resort & Casino, Santa Fe , Line Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Santa Fe, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!