Clinical Informatics Pharmacist FT/40HRS
Company: Christus Health
Location: Santa Fe
Posted on: September 13, 2019
DescriptionThe Clinical Informatics Pharmacist is responsible for
effective process design, development, and implementation of the
pharmacy-related portion of the electronic medical record (EMR).
This position supports pharmacists, physicians, nurses, and other
clinicians as the resource for requests related to the EMR. The
Clinical Informatics Pharmacist demonstrates independent decision
making as appropriate in evaluation of requests for EMR
improvements and changes, and determines feasibility and
advisability of such system changes. This role works with
clinicians, clinical programs leaders, clinical services leaders
and staff to design EMR workflow, execute changes and facilitate
adaptations to the EMR.Requirements
EDUCATION: PharmD is preferred. Minimum BS in Pharmacy.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: Active pharmacy license in New Mexico.
SKILLS: Demonstrated knowledge of daily operations of the pharmacy
department, its computer systems and other departments these
computer systems interact with.
Considerable knowledge of and experience with current EMR system
and its design principles and concepts, including (as related to
- System and application optimization
- Standard data entry methods
- Clinical operations documentation standards
Considerable knowledge of and experience with the tools,
techniques, methods, and clinical protocols used in system
development, implementation, maintenance and support.
Proven ability to communicate effectively with users and staff who
have a variety of levels of knowledge, skills and
Professional work habits and demeanor, including:
- Ability to work independently or with limited
- Ability to work well with people from different disciplines who
may have varying degrees of technical expertise
- Ability to work in a team environment and to contribute to the
effective functioning of that team
- Demonstrated general professionalism
- Must be able to work with physicians, nurses, other
pharmacists, one-on-one and in group meetings
- Experience in a role requiring excellent communication (written
and verbal), planning, prioritization, and execution skills with a
strong service orientation.
- Experience in a role requiring the demonstrated ability to work
in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Experience in a role requiring skills related to balancing
clinical, regulatory and financial goals and outcomes and
collaborating with all levels within an organization.
- Experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database,
internet and e-mail and scheduling applications.
- Able to provide business hours, after-hours and week-end
support in regard to system development.
- Completion of an ASHP-accredited pharmacy practice residency or
three years of clinical pharmacy practice experience.
- Understanding of fundamentals of relational database
EXPERIENCE: Experience with CSVRMC existing EMR. 3 years experience
in a computerized hospital pharmacy environment.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Director, Pharmacy
- Bloodborne pathogen B
Occasional exposure in daily duties. Little expected risk, but may
be exposed unexpectedly to potential infectious materials. Exposure
may be superficial and limited to a small amount of fluid. Closed
quarters in a busy environment. Very low risk for infectious
disease. Possible exposure to hazardous chemicals, allergenic drug
products and needle sticks. Moderate exposure to video display
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to lift and transfer objects
typically not in excess of 50 lbs. Extended use of video display
terminal and keyboarding utilizing sound ergonomic
Keywords: Christus Health, Santa Fe , Clinical Informatics Pharmacist FT/40HRS, Healthcare , Santa Fe, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!