Medical Assistant - LaPlata Integrated Healthcare
Company: Axis Health System
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: $16.00 - $18.96 per hour which includes a
$1.00 locale differential at our Durango worksites and considers
preferred experience and preferred education described in
posting.Medical Assistant - Durango, COLaPlata Integrated
HealthcareFull time*Axis Health System follows COVID-19 safety and
cleaning protocols recommended by the CDC and San Juan Department
of Health*Axis Health System is a private, nonprofit healthcare
organization established in 1960, providing healthcare to residents
of Montezuma, La Plata, Archuleta, Dolores, and San Juan counties.
Axis Health System provides the care people need when they need it.
If you are a dedicated professional who aspires to be part of an
innovative culture and is interested in mission-driven healthcare,
Axis Health System is a great fit for you.Company Name: Axis Health
SystemTitle of Position: Medical AssistantInternal Code:
D2101--1017Position Type: Full TimePay Range:
- $16.00 - $18.96 per hour which includes a $1.00 locale
differential at our Durango worksites and considers preferred
experience and preferred education described below.Eligibility for
Bonuses: NoBenefits include:
- Sick Leave
- Public Health Emergency Leave
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401kLocation: LaPlata Integrated HealthcareDescription of
- The medical assistant (MA) works as a member of the
multi-disciplinary integrated patient care team performing
delegated clinical and administrative duties consistent with the
MA's education, training and demonstrated competency.Supervisory
responsibilities: NoPhysical Abilities:
- Vision sufficient to read medical records, instruments,
documentation, and visual changes in patient condition. Hearing
must be sufficient to interact with a patient who may be unable to
speak at a normal voice level. Mobility (including lifting,
bending, stooping, reaching) and dexterity sufficient to assist
patients and handle required instruments.Physical Demands:
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Employee is frequently required to walk, sit, stand or kneel and
occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop. Must have
ability to sit for longer periods at a computer. Employee must be
able to travel between AHS locations. Possible potential exposure
to communicable disease. The noise level in the work environment is
usually moderate. AHS may make reasonable accommodations to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.Travel required: YesRequired Education and Experience:
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum Certifications: Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
is required within 90 days.
- Minimum Experience: One to three years of experience as a
medical assistant. Preferred Education and Experience:
- Minimum Certifications: Certification as a Certified Medical
- Must be knowledgeable regarding patient health information and
- Must be organized and demonstrate the ability to follow
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication
- Must demonstrate the ability to be self-directed.
- Must demonstrate the ability to follow the organization's
confidentiality and security rules.Required Skills:
- Knowledge and ability to operate standard office equipment
including scanner, computer, calculator, copy machine, fax and
- Working knowledge of Windows based computer applications
including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and ability to access the
- Ability to be helpful and sensitive to the needs of all
employees, while concurrently respecting corporate policies,
procedures and priorities.
- Interpersonal and communication skills to develop and maintain
effective working relationships with all internal and external
- Ability to communicate job-related information to individuals
and small groups.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; plan
own work schedule effectively and multi-task and prioritize in a
- Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize workload in a
sometimes-hectic environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to concentrate in sometimes hectic and stressful
- Ability to read and understand written materials.
- Must regard work as confidential.
- Must have current driver's license, qualify for commercial
vehicle insurance and maintain a driving record that allows
insurability with AHS' insurance agency.
- Occasional travel required
- Ability to take on additional duties when necessary.Additional
- Annual Flu immunization
- Annual TB screening
- COVID 19 Vaccination or Exemption
- CPI training within 90 days
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required within 90
days. How to Apply:
Date: Open until filledFor information on Axis Health System and
our company culture, visit our website at: www.axishealthsystem.org
Axis Health System is an equal opportunity employer, and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Axis Health System, Santa Fe , Medical Assistant - LaPlata Integrated Healthcare, Healthcare , Durango, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!