Infusion Nurse - Full Rime
Posted on: January 10, 2022
Overview$2500 Sign-on BonusA unique and rewarding experience for
an Infusion Registered Nurse who is highly motivated to provide
technical and clinical expertise in patient care. The position is
in a private Rheumatology outpatient-based infusion suite in Santa
Fe, NM.Job Summary* $2500 Sign-on Bonus* Full-time, 32 hours a
week* Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday required* Hours: 9am to
5pm* Full benefits, paid major holidays* Nurse to patient ratio 1:4
maximum* No holidays, no weekends* COVID vaccine required or
exemptionWe extend an extremely competitive offering of pay,
benefits to employees, including Medical Health Care, Dental Care,
and Vision Plan, 401-k with a matching component, Life Insurance,
Short-term and Long-term disability, and Wellness & Perks Programs.
Additionally, all opportunities have flexible schedules, daytime
hours, and no weekends or major holidays.Under general supervision,
provides professional nursing care for patients adhering to
national and company standards and guidelines for specialty
regulations. Demonstrates knowledge of physiological,
psychological, and developmental and age specific differences in
the patient population including late adolescence, adulthood,
middle age, and the elderly. Collaborates with the
interdisciplinary team to provide for assessment and therapeutic
management of patient/family needs. Supports and adheres to the
Intrafusion by McKesson Compliance Program, to include the Code of
Ethics, Standard Operating Procedures, and Business Standards.
Responsibilities Plan, implement, coordinate, evaluate and promote
the continuity of care consistent with established standards and
- Assesses health status by interviewing patient regarding
current status and medical history.
- Collects and records focused nursing assessment and
interventions accurately and timely in EMR.
- Recognizes changes in patient condition and intervenes
- Reviews and reports the results of the health status assessment
and physical examination, pertinent laboratory data, radiographic
data and psychosocial assessment of assigned patients to the
- Assesses patient/family needs and provides teaching and other
- Provides psychosocial support to patients and families.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.Prepares and administers
therapies under the direction and supervision of a physician.
- Administers all medications according to order, prescribing
information and protocol.
- Assures pre-authorization and appropriate consent forms are
obtained prior to administration of therapies as applicable.
- Facilitates drug -administration by assessing patient,
pertinent labs, consulting protocol or treatment plan, calculating
dose, and, problems and symptom management
- Obtains Peripheral IV and/or CVAD access/de-access per
- Maintains accurate documentation of assigned patient care and
- Utilizes knowledge and resources regarding reimbursement
procedures.Maintains neat and orderly infusion suite
- Orders and restocks medical and office supplies as needed.
- Follows OSHA guidelines when handling biohazardous waste and
any other material potentially infected with a blood borne
- Maintains all disinfection protocols.
- Maintains equipment according to quality control
standards.Facilitates clinical operations and patient care.
- Facilitates and schedules patient appointments.
- Triages patient phone calls as needed and documents relevant
information in the patient's chart.
- As necessary, facilitates communication between patient/family
- Appropriately orders specialty and free drug.
- Maintains clinic schedule and ensures adequate staffing
- Remains up to date on all emails and department
communicationsInter-professional collaboration amongst Intrafusion
team and practice staff members.
- Acts as a resource to LPN/LVNs, medical assistants and
administrative assistants.Participates in professional development
activities and maintains current knowledge of infusion nursing.
- Completes all required education assignments.
- Participates in mandatory department calls. Qualifications
Education/TrainingGraduate from an accredited program for
professional nursing education, BSN preferred.RN state license and
current registration with the State Board of Nursing in practicing
state.Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification (AHA or
American Red Cross healthcare provider hands on course)Must
maintain continuing education requirements.Experience: Minimum 2-5
years nursing experience required, one year or more of infusion
therapy experience preferredWorking Conditions:Environment
(Office)The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. There is a possible exposure to communicable
diseases, toxic substances, radiation, medical preparations and
other conditions common to a clinic environment.Physical
Requirements (Lifting, standing, etc.):The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Requires full
range of body motion including handling and lifting patients,
manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination. Requires
standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally
lifts and carries items weighing up to 40 lbs. Requires corrected
vision and hearing to normal range.
Keywords: Intrafusion, Santa Fe , Infusion Nurse - Full Rime, Healthcare , Glorieta, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!