Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse - Home Health
Location: Santa Fe
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Current Compassus Colleagues: Please apply via Workday.As a
Compassus nurse, you have the autonomy to utilize your nursing
skills. You are invited into patients' homes and lives during
trying times and have the honor to become a trusted face. For many
of our team members, this is more than a career- it's a calling. Do
you want to make a difference in the lives of others? Join our team
today as a Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse - Home Health to
positively impact the experiences of patients and families.
Position SummaryThe Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse - Home
Health (LP/VN - HH) participates in directed care delivery
including functional and focused nursing tasks as assigned by the
Registered Nurse Case Manager and provides ADL and other support as
directed.-- As a LP/VN - HH, your responsibility will be--to report
observations and to complete all required documentation in a timely
manner. The LP/VN - HH does not function as a Case Manager but as
part of a nursing team including a Registered Nurse Case Manager.
The RNCM routinely supervises the LP/VN - HH. Principal
- Understands and adheres to established policies and
- Implements/follows the nursing care plan for each patient.
- Provides nursing services, treatments and diagnostic and
preventive procedures as assigned.
- Initiates preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures as
- Observes signs and symptoms and reports to the physician and
RNCM's reactions to treatments, including drugs and changes in the
patient's physical or emotional condition.
- Teaches and counsels the patient and family/significant others
regarding the nursing care needs and other related problems of the
patient at home.
- Evaluates with RNCM the effectiveness of the LP/VN's nursing
service to the patient and family under the guidance of the
- Maintains accurate and complete records of observation,
treatments and care of patient.
- Participates in medical record audits as assigned.
- Attends staff meetings, patient care conferences and in
services as scheduled.
- Is responsible for submitting any changes in schedule to the
Director of Patient Care Services/Nursing Supervisor on a daily
basis; participating in patient care conferences to discuss the
need for involvement of other members of the health team, such as
physical and speech therapists.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes and submits them within 24
hours of visit.
- Assists the physician and RNCM in performing specialized
- Prepares equipment and materials for treatments.
- Observes aseptic techniques as required.
- Assists in patient learning and appropriate self-care
- Ensures that all care is provided with respect for patient
- Reports all grievances and complaints made by patients or
families to the appropriate persons
- Adheres to established personnel policies.
- Reports all allegations of patient abuse and/or
misappropriation of patients property as appropriate.
- Follows standard precautions and infection control
- Reports all accidents and incidents observed.
- Identifies and responds appropriately to emergency
- Observes safety needs of the patients.
- Attends in-service and meetings as required.
- Provides documentation of patients visit on the clinical record
accurately, timely, and appropriately per agency policies.
- In conjunction with the RNCM, develops treatment appropriate
with patients' disease progression.
- Addresses patients' care need with families and significant
others as appropriate.
- Maintains confidentiality of necessary information.
- Thinks and acts calmly and logically to meet unusual
occurrences of the job.
- Maintains proper documentation for billing per policy.
- Manages time efficiently and effectively.
- Interfaces with patients, families, and staff to ensure
- Communicates effectively with patients, families, and other
health care providers.
- Maintains competency by assuming responsibility for acquiring
knowledge and experience to meet learning needs.
- Creates a positive image between co-workers.
- Provides role modeling to teamwork, accountability and a
- Instills confidence in staff members and builds self-esteem
through acceptance and recognition of colleagues.
- Demonstrates and encourages appropriate problem solving
- Regular attendance is an essential function.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Education and/or
ExperienceHigh school diploma or general education degree. Current
nursing license for the specified state and minimum two years full
time experience as a Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.-- Experience in
skilled nursing, preferably in hospice, home health care, oncology
or emergency care. Mathematical SkillsAbility to add, subtract,
multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers,
common fractions, and decimals.-- Ability to compute rate, ratio,
and percentage. Language SkillsAbility to read, analyze, and
interpret general business periodicals, professional journals,
technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write
reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to
effectively present information and respond to questions from
leaders, colleagues, investors, and external parties. Strong
written and verbal communications. Reasoning AbilityAbility to
solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete
variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, or schedule form. Computer SkillsProficiency in
Microsoft Office Suite. Other QualificationsStrong organizational
and time management skills. Must be able to work a flexible
schedule to include nights and weekends. Must be able to travel.
Certifications, Licenses and RegistrationsCurrently licensed in
state of practice. Current with CPR certification. A valid driver's
license and auto liability insurance. Other Skills and
AbilitiesAbility to understand, read, write, and speak English.
Articulates and embraces home health philosophy. Physical
DemandsThe physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by a colleague to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
colleague is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or
feel; talk and hear. The colleague frequently is required to stand,
sit, and reach with hands and arms. The colleague is occasionally
required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl;
and taste or smell. The colleague must frequently lift and/or move
more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision. Work EnvironmentThe work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those a
colleague encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.There will be possible exposure to infectious diseases
through working with clinical caregivers.-- The noise level in the
work environment is usually quiet.
Keywords: Compassus, Santa Fe , Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse - Home Health, Healthcare , Santa Fe, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!