Transit Operations Manager
Company: North Central Regional Transit District
Posted on: May 23, 2023
Under general direction, plans, organizes, oversees, coordinates,
and manages the staff and activities of the Transit Operations
Division; manages the day-to-day delivery of transportation
services for fixed route, express, commuter, and microtransit
(MyBlue); manages the effective use of division resources to
improve organizational productivity and customer service; provides
complex and responsible support to the Transit Operations Director
in areas of expertise; and performs related work as required.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
- Plans, manages, and oversees the daily functions, operations,
and activities of transit operations, including the day-to-day
delivery of transportation services for fixed route, express,
commuter, and microtransit (MyBlue).
- Participates in the development and implementation of goals,
objectives, policies, and priorities for the division; recommends
within division policy, appropriate service and staffing levels;
recommends and administers policies and procedures.
- Contributes to the development, administration, and oversight
of division budget; determines funding needed for staffing,
equipment, materials, and supplies; ensures compliance with
budgeted funding as requested.
- Develops and standardizes procedures and methods to improve and
continuously monitor the efficiency and effectiveness of assigned
programs, service delivery methods, and procedures; assesses and
monitors workload, administrative and support systems, and internal
reporting relationships; identifies opportunities and makes
recommendations for improvement.
- Participates in the selection of, trains, motivates, and
evaluates assigned personnel; works with employees to correct
deficiencies; recommends and implements discipline and termination
- Conducts operator behind-the-wheel assessments; reviews daily
work schedule to ensure operators have enough time for resting and
recovery between scheduled work assignments; ensures proper route
coverage with minimal overtime impact.
- Assists with opening and closing supervisor duties when needed;
provides route coverage during periods of staff shortages.
- Manages and administers fixed route operator scheduling,
Intelligent Transit system software, timekeeping software, and
microtransit services software.
- Prepares and presents staff and agenda reports and other
necessary correspondence related to assigned activities and
services, as assigned; presents reports to various commissions,
committees, and boards.
- Conducts a variety of organizational and operational studies
and investigations; recommends modifications to assigned programs,
policies, and procedures, as appropriate.
- Serves as a liaison for assigned functions with other District
departments, divisions, and outside agencies; provides staff
support to commissions, committees, and task forces, as
- Attends and participates in professional group meetings; stays
abreast of new trends and innovations in transportation service
delivery and planning; researches emerging products and
enhancements and their applicability to District needs.
- Monitors changes in regulations and technology that may affect
operations; implements policy and procedural changes after
- Receives, investigates, and responds to difficult and sensitive
problems and complaints in a professional manner; identifies and
reports findings and takes necessary corrective action.
- Directs the establishment and maintenance of working and
official division files.
- Ensures staff compliance with District and mandated safety
rules, regulations, and protocols.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Equivalent to a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or
university with major coursework in planning, public
administration, business management, or a related field.
- Five (5) years of increasingly responsible experience in the
management or administration of a regional or local transit system,
of which three (3) years should be in a management or supervisory
Keywords: North Central Regional Transit District, Santa Fe , Transit Operations Manager, Executive , Espanola, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...