Director of Guest Experience
Company: El Monte Sagrado
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description:WORK, PLAY & ENJOY LIFE WITH HERITAGE We offer a
work environment that is focused on the employee experience,
extremely flexible work schedules and benefits that are unmatched
in the industry; including generous discounts on hotel room rates
and food at all of our restaurants in the portfolio across the
state of New Mexico! Full-time salaried position ranging from
$45k-60K annually + benefits. Depending on Experience.Located in
Taos, NM. Working out of our El Monte Sagrado Resort & Spa.Position
Purpose: The Guest Experience Director and their team helps sets
the tone for the Heritage experience as the main points of contact
for duration of a guests stay. The Guest Experience Directors are
expected to be professional consistent and energetic when they
welcome the guests stay at a Heritage property. Our Guest
Experience Manager and team will articulate the story, inspiration,
behind the experience of Heritage, while prioritizing and being
mindful of the guests needs. The Guest Experience Manager is an
essential support to the Front of House team in creating
unforgettable experiences for guests.Supervisory Responsibilities:
Lead Guest Experience Hosts, Guest Experience Hosts, Bellman,
Valet, and in house PBXEssential Duties and
- Work under dotted line direction of property General Manager
and Corporate Director of Guest Experience, while reporting
directly to either the Director of Rooms or Director of Operations
depending on hotel.
- Maintain high level of positive and professional approach with
employees, coworkers, and guests.
- Set goals for performance that coincide with Heritage's plans
- This position is responsible for being the first point of
contact in guest service recovery for the property.
- Review occupancy and event levels at property and schedule
department employees accordingly and within budget.
- Drive morale positively as the accountable party to be present
and visible to guests and team members.
- Assign, train, mentor and direct staff to carry out the
exceptional guest experience and foster an environment for
employees to be successful in performance, and further feel engaged
- Perform interview, hire, disciplinary, and termination actions
when necessary for team members.
- Control all guestroom allocations, ensuring that reservations
are accurately recorded and monitored to ensure optimum occupancy
and revenue is achieved.
- Provide highly knowledgeable and innovative community minded
recommendations for guests about hotel events, amenities, local
attractions, restaurants, etc.
- Monitor blocks and additional blocking as needed, i.e. special
requests, suites, etc.
- Maintain an efficient system of communication between the Front
Office and all other departments, with particular regard to guest's
arrivals and departures.
- Manage all aspects (including challenges) of our reservations
- Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of
any problematic situation.
- Interact with guests and on a frequent basis to obtain feedback
of their experiences on property; utilizes guest feedback to
recognize excellent front of house service performance and improve
- Passionately deliver refined, seamless service, while upholding
the highest level of confidentiality for the safety and comfort of
- Acknowledge special occasions with guests; weddings, birthdays,
anniversary, etc. further providing room upgrades and amenities
- Other duties as assigned consistent with the functions of this
position as needed at the property.HP22 #LD2022 #DL Requirements:
- Proven leadership experience in a hotel setting required, with
a passion to provide exemplary guest service.
- 2-3 years or equivalent combination of education and
experience; high volume guest-interfacing hospitality experience a
- Must be highly knowledgeable and openly willing to be creative
in curating an experience for the guest in the hotel and city for
which this position is listed. This requires expertise on local
dining, entertainment, events and attractions in the area of the
hotel and the greater city area.
- Must be a passionate people person, as this job is highly
interactive and requires superb customer service skills.
- Friendly and warm demeanor, excellent verbal and written
communication and ability to multitask while maintaining
- Strong knowledge of hospitality software and MS Office
- Ability and willingness to work flexible long hours including
weekends, holidays and late nights.
- Ability to work on feet for eight hours or more.
- Must be able to lift/push/reach for/carry 25+ pounds
- High school diploma or equivalent experience/training required;
some college preferred.NM Safe Certified Hotelier, Inspiring Our
Communities, & Celebrating Local Artisans.Heritage Hotels & Resorts
Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.PI200912937
Keywords: El Monte Sagrado, Santa Fe , Director of Guest Experience, Executive , Taos, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!