Chief Executive Officer (CEO) - Life Healing Center
Company: Acadia Healthcare
Location: Santa Fe
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Acadia Healthcare is a leading provider of behavioral healthcare
services across the United States. Acadia operates a growing
network of 230 plus behavioral healthcare facilities with
approximately 10,200 beds in 40 states and Puerto Rico. With more
than 20,000 employees serving approximately 70,000 patients daily,
Acadia is the largest stand-alone behavioral health company in the
Acadia's management style and philosophy is one of collaboration
and flexibility as we create an energetic and team-oriented service
delivery system. Our organization values input from employees,
physicians, and all strategic alliances. As evidenced in our
mission statement, Acadia Healthcare's mission is to create
behavioral health centers where people receive care that enables
them to regain hope in a supportive, caring environment. We want
Acadia to be synonymous with excellent care, phenomenal customer
service and an unparalleled commitment to our patients, staff,
physicians, and community. -
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Life Healing Center
Life Healing Center is a leading residential facility caring for
adults who are struggling with primary mental health concerns,
trauma, and substance use disorders. - Life Healing Center has been
located in Santa Fe, New Mexico nestled in the Sangre de Cristo
Mountains for over 30 years. - The facility offers a serene,
tranquil environment for people who are seeking wellness. -Life
Healing Center uses a holistic care model combining time-tested
techniques with evidence-based therapies and practices to create a
clinically sophisticated approach that addresses each client's
needs on a physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual level. The
compassionate staff onsite in Santa Fe, New Mexico, are trained to
care for people from all walks of life, including those who
identify as LGBTQ+ and gender nonconforming.
To learn more visit: https://www.life-healing.com/
The successful Chief Executive Officer candidate will:
- Be instrumental in developing a culture that emphasizes high
quality care and patient safety.
- Manages day-to day operations and staff so that the facility
achieves its objectives in all of the following key performance
- effective patient care outcomes
- appropriate fiscal management
- maintenance of licensure, accreditation and other regulatory
- implementation of focused business development
- medical staff compliance with regulatory and accreditation
- Organizes the day-to-day management and operation of the
Facility through departmentalization, delegation and alignment of
responsibilities to meet the facility's patient care and business
- Create and maintain a network of local constituency groups to
include government agencies, local businesses, affiliate health
providers, and the surrounding community.
- Appraises leadership team performance, both of individual
members and the team, assesses competencies, and provides
coaching/corrective action as appropriate under the direction of
the governing body.
- Ensure participation of staff in facility/program wide
in-service and continuing education programs, including those
specific to the treatment of adults, seniors, adolescents, and
- Recruit allied health professionals and psychiatrists to
increase the scope of service offerings at the facility.
- Effectively work with corporate contracting team to manage and
direct contract negotiations and contract compliance with the
commercial payer community to include rate negotiations and
services provided. Oversee contract relationships to include
regular reporting on contract performance as well as new revenue
generation and growth.
- Leads development of continuum of care to include comprehensive
outpatient services and community-based programs.
- Serves as the final authority for resolution of staff
performance concerns and performance improvement activities as
- Routinely attends and as appropriate, chairs periodic meetings
with the governing body, medical staff, executive management team,
and other departments of the facility.
- Abides by all company policies and procedures and operates with
the highest personal integrity and professionalism.
- Remains current in all national healthcare-based initiatives
through participation in such organizations as NAPHS and the
relevant state-based facility association.
- Ensure an effective survey readiness plan is always active
including a comprehensive auditing plan, corrective actions taken
to address noncompliant areas, and preventative actions to maintain
continuous accreditation and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure adherence to the Corporate Compliance program including
timely follow-up with reported compliance issues, staff training,
and proactive auditing.
- Confirm and lead accurate Governing Board reporting and
- Guarantee prompt, thorough follow-up of any patient safety
issues including system-issue corrections and proactive assessment
of high-risk areas.
- Ensure appropriate support for QAPI activities including direct
and leadership staff resources, training, and other
- Consistently demonstrate a high level of leadership skills
resulting in efficient planning, development and implementation.
Assist in the development of and implementation of long-range goals
and annual objectives.
- Identify critical issues and maintain a deep understanding of
the marketplace, customers and the broad forces that affect the
- Manage the performance of the organization to the budget and
short- and long-term financial goals. Focus on execution. Practice
financial acumen in managing budgets and census.
- Support the executive team - to achieve goals and objectives
that fulfill the mission and vision of the organization.
- Continually enhance the reputation of the organization within
the community regarding mental health, addiction, treatment and
recovery and broaden that community involvement.
- Earn the trust and establish credibility among the organization
and facility leadership, the staff nurses, medical staff, and
nursing leadership. It is essential that the new Chief Executive
Officer be visible within the hospital.
- Ensure the facility is financially sound and has a positive
- Increase both the occupancy and payor mix as well as increase
- Shift the culture toward innovation, advancing opportunities
for revenue diversification and virtual programs and
- Promote a foundation for, and a culture of diversity, equity,
inclusiveness, transparency, and collaboration throughout facility.
The end results will be high employee engagement, strong employee
morale, as well as high patient, physician, and clinical staff
satisfaction that are continuously improving.
- Continue to build a culture that is focused on performance
improvement, quality, and service excellence as the organization
strives to be the industry leader in addiction treatment.
- Further develop and refine a clear strategy such that the
organization is seen as the voice for mental health, addiction,
treatment, and recovery in the U.S.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Healthcare
Administration, Public Health, Marketing, Clinical Discipline, or
related discipline is required. A Master's degree in health care
administration, business administration, Clinical Discipline or
related field is preferred.
Knowledge and Work Experience:
- Minimum of three to five years of experience in senior
leadership or CEO role in a behavioral health, acute care, and/or
managed care environment.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of facility administration and
clinical operations. Experience in turning around an organization
as well as the ability to direct crisis and inpatient behavioral
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
within inflexible timeframes. Ability to adapt to frequent priority
- Initiative-taking and self-directed with effective
communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work professionally with sensitive, proprietary data
& information while maintaining confidentiality.
- Excellent people skills including the ability to interact
effectively and professionally with individuals at all levels; both
internal and external.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills and superior
attention to detail.
- Must be organized and work well under pressure while
multi-tasking in a demanding environment; must be able to
effectively react to emergencies.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws, rules and regulations
governing mental health and addiction treatment inpatient services
and related funding (CMS, Joint Commission, AHCA, DCS, HIPAA, 42
CFR). Strong knowledge of Joint Commission accreditation standards
and the proven ability to lead successful licensure, accreditation,
and compliance efforts in a behavioral health facility.
- Capable of working within established policies, procedures and
practices prescribed by the organization.
- A transformational leader, well known and well respected,
ideally with Hospital Administrator experience or in a similarly
visible leadership position.
- Strong financial acumen and business orientation with a working
knowledge of fiscal management and business development
- History of developing high-performing teams and creating
- Experience working with HR to develop robust succession plans
that identify, develop, and advance the next generation of
- English sufficient to provide and receive
- Uncompromising passion for and alignment with the mission;
empathy toward those who are in crisis or suffer a mental health
and substance use disorder.
- An authentic, honest individual with steadfast integrity who
leads with empathy, trust and transparency, balanced with an
ability to be decisive and firm, holding people and teams
accountable and driving toward change.
- Visible, inspiring leader who brings gravitas and one who
carries themselves with humility and is a self-aware servant leader
who listens and collaborates across the organization; leads with
gratitude and grace.
- A visionary, innovative leader, capable of leveraging
technology and advancing the organization to achieve the greatest
impact toward its mission.
- An engaged leader who acts with courage and is willing and able
to make complex decisions that are in the best interest of the
- Exceptional communicator with high emotional intelligence and
outstanding people skills.
- Promotes a culture of accountability.
- Commitment to embrace and advance Diversity, Equity, and
- Highly strategic with strong execution skills with the ability
to direct crisis and inpatient behavioral health services.
Keywords: Acadia Healthcare, Santa Fe , Chief Executive Officer (CEO) - Life Healing Center, Executive , Santa Fe, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!