Program Manager, Edge and Network - Connectivity
Location: Santa Fe
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Summary: Meta is seeking a Program Manager with Service Provider
& Enterprise infrastructure environment experience, including
deployment of wired and wireless network systems. The
Infrastructure Services and Operational Support (ISOS) team
designs, implements and continuously evolves systems and processes
to support all aspects of production and experimental network
deployment and operations.In this role, you will support programs
related to Meta Connectivity teams field feedback and deployment
operations programs. You will work closely with cross-functional
program managers, network and software engineers, product managers,
and external partners to devise technical solutions for business
problems. The North star of this role is to enable the Metaverse
and associated its applications. This includes addressing choke
points located in the access and transport network space that may
limit the quality of experience.Required Skills: Program Manager,
Edge and Network - Connectivity Responsibilities:
- Manage deployment, hardware refresh, and decommissioning
- Enable daily operations via tooling, documentation, and ongoing
support of experimental and commercial off-the-shelf wired and
wireless technologies in complex and diverse environments.
- Drive successful field site survey and acquisition efforts
including negotiations with landlords, industry partners, local
governments, and utilities.
- Enable System Integrators through knowledge transfer mediums to
become capable of scale using GA quality solutions to wireless
internet and mobile operators.
- Support the prioritization and facilitation of knowledge
management material (i.e., documentation, training, marketing
collateral) for products that have reached maturity levels that
enable early lab and field trial deployments.
- Provide field feedback to product teams to enable the
organization to build better solutions to meet aggressive
- Take initiative in unclear and dynamic situations to help
stakeholders and partners define and subsequently realize
- Manage highly cross-functional projects in a matrix
organization covering a range of areas (experimental products, data
center, network, logistics, supply chain, hardware/software
- Identify operational pain points and opportunities to improve
business practices and drive internal process improvements across
multiple teams and functions.
- Review operational issues and determine if a technology
solution is required or a process correction needs to be made.
- Elicit detailed program requirements by engaging the business
to capture clear functional design artifacts using techniques like
use cases, data diagrams and process flow diagrams.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design,
development, testing, implementation, and post implementation
- Lead business readiness activities including training, testing
and rollout of solutions via vendors.
- Foster a culture of data driven decision making.
- Identify areas of risk and drive mitigation with subject matter
experts within the organization.
- International and Domestic travel (including emerging markets)
required up to 25%.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.Minimum
Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
- 6+ years of experience in technical or engineering
project/program management with a demonstrated track record of
improving processes, programs, and using technology solutions to
deliver business value in a technical operations space.
- Experience delivering flawless project execution in a pre-MVP
experimental hardware environment. Resourceful, action-orientated
with experience getting things done, overcoming obstacles, and
developing creative solutions to problems.
- Experience driving successful project execution in
collaboration with Telecom Service Providers, Mobile Network
Providers and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs).
- Proven interpersonal skills, including relationship building
and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Demonstrated experience adapting and learning new skill sets
- Omni-directional communication skills and attention to
- Independent, thorough, and results-oriented in examination and
- Experience collaborating with different individuals across
organizations, within other geographies, and willingness to
"roll-up the sleeves" in order to accomplish all necessary
- Bachelor's degree in a directly related field, or equivalent
practical experience.Preferred Qualifications: Preferred
- Extensive experience leading executive-level discussions and
negotiations with internal and external parties.
- Basic understanding of the OSI model or networking standards
including TCP/IP and the 802.11 family.
- Mobile operator and/or ISP network planning, deployment, and
operations experience, including municipal site acquisition and
landlord lease negotiations.
- Optical and Wireless Infrastructure knowledge: Fiber Transport
Systems, DWDM Systems, XPON deployments OpenRAN architectures,
O-RAN Alliance, 3GPP standards, 60 GHz V Band, and CBRS
- Early-stage program technology experience such as WiFi-6, 5GNR,
NG Radio Intelligent Controllers.
- Familiar with New Product Introduction processes to
successfully deploy carrier-grade infrastructure into MNO and WISP
networks by way of Lab, Field, and Commercial trial success.
- Vendor management and contracts experience.
- Experience working in emerging markets.
- PMP and CCNA/JNCIA certifications or equivalent.Industry:
InternetEqual Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate
based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including
pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected
veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other
applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with
applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to
providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with
disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance
or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at
Keywords: Meta, Santa Fe , Program Manager, Edge and Network - Connectivity, Executive , Santa Fe, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!