Senior Project Manager
Company: SNC-Lavalin Group
Location: Los Alamos
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Why join us?
Our team is growing! If you want to be a part of a successful
global organization and have at least 5 years of experience as a
Senior Project Manager on large Utilities or Energy construction
projects, we would like to connect with you. The purpose of this
position is to lead multi-disciplined project solutions for our
client, with direct accountability for overall project delivery.
This is a full-time internal position with Faithful+Gould offering
robust benefits. This position will sit at the client's project
site in Farmington, NM and would offer daily per diem.
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC Lavalin group, is a world
leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with
Owner's Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of
their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting
projects with a number of high-profile clients across key business
sectors which include many of the fortune 100 companies and
Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently
ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program
Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in
1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992.
Constructive Expertise It's in our DNA
How will you contribute to the team? To perform this role
successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not
limited to the following:
- Responsible for planning the project to achieve objectives,
including developing the project charter, Work Breakdown Structure
(WBS), estimates and project plan deliverables.
- Plans and requests the project resources necessary to achieve
project planning and objectives.
- Supports Client Leaders with information needed to update the
- Responsible for Enterprise Project Management System (EPMS)
project management to support budgeting and project funding.
- Responsible for managing the project plan, achieving project
objectives and escalating issues to client leaders and PMO
management as necessary.
- Responsible for keeping track of purchase orders and vendor
- Responsible for monitoring and controlling project scope,
schedule, and budget and preparing Project Change Orders (PCOs) as
- Preparing project status reports and distributes to project
- Responsible for preparing monthly Current Work Plan (CWP) and
support of the monthly financial forecast.
- Responsible for coordinating preparing of information necessary
for stage gate reviews and for various review boards.
Responsible for managing project closure activities.
- Demonstrates capability to read, understand and apply standard
to complex documents affecting Utility projects, including but not
limited to: agreements/contracts, ROW/Easements, one-line diagrams,
surveys and general electrical and civil/structural drawings.
- Implement project documentation governance aligned with company
and client requirements. Ensure project data integrity and
documentation is accurate, timely and coordinated. What will you
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or a
related field5 years of relevant experience.
- Industrial experience: heavy industrial experience (i.e.,
Coal/Gas Generation, Petro-Chemical, Paper, Mining, Steel, etc.),
power generation experience.
- Demonstrated ability to identify complex project risks, lead
constructability reviews, develop risk mitigation and contingency
plans, and implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project
- Demonstrated knowledge of projects and program management
within the context of business results.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) [certified by the Project
Management Institute (PMI) Global Accreditation Centre (GAC)]
and/or Certified Construction Manager (CCM) [certified by the
Construction Manager Certification Institute (CMCI), an independent
administrative body of the Construction Management Association of
America (CMAA)] highly desirable.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive
- Ability to write reports, manuals, procedures and articles
using distinctive style. Ability to make effective and persuasive
presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top
management and/or public groups.
- Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key
employees, top management, and client groups to take desired
action. What we offer at Faithful+Gould? Faithful+Gould offers its
employees a robust rewards package which includes:
- Broad Employer based benefits package including medical/RX,
dental, vision, life, and disability insurance.
- Generous time off benefits.
- 401 (k) with employer match.
- Flexible work schedules dependent upon approval as a result of
- Career development opportunities through our corporate
- Highly regarded tuition reimbursement program.
- Valuable voluntary options including legal, long term care, pet
insurance and car insurance. If you think that a career with our
team could match your profile, submit your application online
Equal Opportunity Employer: Faithful+Gould cares about your
privacy: Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how
we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your
personal information to F+G, you confirm that you have read and
accept our Privacy Notice. Note to staffing and direct hire
agencies: In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our
preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the
company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the
right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and
without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies . Let's keep up
the momentum of Moving Together. We are excited to host our first
alumni network meet. Project Neon is the largest public works
project in the history of Nevada. It will widen 3.7 miles of
Interstate 15 (I-15) between Sahara Avenue and the "Spaghetti Bowl"
interchange in downtown Las Vegas. The Port of Miami (PortMiami),
nicknamed the "Cruise Capital of the World," is one of the largest
passenger and cargo container ports in the United States, with 4.3
million passengers and 7.42 million tons of cargo travelling
through the facility each year. Copyright SNC-Lavalin Group 2021 -
All rights reserved
Keywords: SNC-Lavalin Group, Santa Fe , Senior Project Manager, Executive , Los Alamos, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!