2022-2023 SY: Administrative Secretary III - Operations
Company: Santa Fe Public Schools
Location: Santa Fe
Posted on: September 20, 2022
- -Additional Information: Show/Hide
EBHA Education Behavior Health Associate Work Unit:
Exceptional Student Services Reports To:
Principal or Assistant Principal Contract Length:
9 months Pay Schedule:
Education Behavior Health Associate Overtime Status:
Non Exempt Hours:
7 hour day
Level III EA
All positions with Santa Fe Public Schools require a post
offer/pre-employment background check. Some positions have
additional requirements as established by Federal or State Rules
Works alongside and assists certified school personnel in the
performance of their duties and works under the direct supervision
of a certified person. Assists certified staff in providing
delivery of the instructional program. (The certified person
retains responsibilities for instruction and supervision of pupils
in his/her charge and shall not delegate to an aide sole
responsibility for the performance of any of the following
Minimum: State licensure and any other requirements specified by
the Public Education Department.
Preferred: AA degree or 60 hours of undergraduate course work.
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities:
Ability to comply with state-approved Code of Ethics of the
Education Profession and upholds and enforces rules, administrative
directives and regulations, school board policies, and local, state
and federal regulations. Ability to articulate and facilitate the
implementation of the mission and values of the Santa Fe Public
Schools. Ability to safeguard confidentiality of privileged
information. Effective communication skills, both verbal and
written. Flexibility, organization, decision-making and problem
solving skills. Interpersonal skills with diverse populations.
Essential Job Functions
All functions are performed in accordance with established
policies, procedures, safety and environmental regulations,
facility and computer security policies and procedures. Functions
are subject to change from time to time to meet the needs of the
organization. Current essential functions include the
1. Works with individuals and small groups in the classroom to
reinforce material introduced by the teacher.
2. Serves as a model in developing students' language and
3. Collects, prepares and arranges resource material for use by
4. Operates equipment appropriate to the classroom and
5. Monitors testing and make-up work for students.
6. Maintains classroom records, prepares reports as requested by
the classroom teacher or principal, scores tests, and manages
classroom equipment and supplies.
7. Collects data as requested by teacher or other service
8. Prepares and maintains accurate and completes records and
reports as required by law, state directives, district policy and
9. Monitors students and assists instructional staff in
instructional and non-instructional activities in classrooms,
school grounds, hallways, lunchroom, field trips, bus loading
areas, restrooms and clothing areas, etc. This may include running
to provide adequate supervision for a student and returning the
student to the designated setting safely.
10. Implements student behavior plans as designated by IEP and
11. Uses appropriate crisis prevention interventions as
12. Supervises class when the teacher is absent from the classroom.
Does not act as a substitute teacher, unless the aide is certified
as a substitute.
13. Assists in physical therapy, occupational therapy, orientation
and mobility activities as scheduled and as trained by licensed PT
and/or OT and/or Teacher of the Visually Impaired and/or
Orientation and Mobility Specialist.
14. Assists in PE or adaptive PE as assigned with students with
15. Follows safety and evacuation procedures consistent with the
district policies and procedures and the individual evacuation
16. Assists instructional staff in the supervision of students
while they are loading and unloading buses, in gym, and playground,
hallways, bathrooms, and other school environments.
17. Assists and instructs pupils in personal hygiene skills and
needs, toileting, changing diapers, brushing teeth, hand washing
and other self-care activities as assigned.
18. Assists and instructs students with feeding needs and
19. Lifts or assists with lifting students from wheelchairs to
changing tables or designated areas, including using appropriate
equipment as trained.
20. Sanitizes classroom and equipment using approved materials and
21. Attends school open houses and conferences as requested.
22. Attends IEP meetings when assigned.
23. Supervises students in community-based activities and
job-related skills in the community.
24. Supervises students on community-based transportation, such as
city buses, trains, etc.
25. Follows the schedule as assigned.
26. Attends EA professional development workshops and activities as
required by assignment and responsibilities.
27. Communicates with parents only under the supervision of the
teacher or administrator.
28. Performs other related duties as assigned.
$21,021 - $31,587+
Resources Used in Performing Job Include (but are not limited
Standard school classroom resources.
May be required to lift and move up to 50 pound children unassisted
(Assistance can be obtained from the student, other adult,
equipment.) and/or supplies which require bending, stooping and
lifting. May be required to move students and/or equipment of
varying weight and sizes for hygiene or feeding or therapy
purposes. Uses hands and arms to manipulate objects. Uses
keyboards, tools and other controls. Sits and stands for long
periods of time.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud. Duties
are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors.
1. Demonstrates reliability as evidenced by attendance records and
2. Properly notifies supervisor and/or designee of absences or
3. Begins and completes work within the allotted time.
4. Consistently appears in attire appropriate to the work
5. Demonstrates skill in the use of equipment including its
capabilities, limitations and appropriate/special application,
6. Protects the District's resources through appropriate and
careful use of supplies and equipment.
7. Utilizes appropriate body mechanics to aid in the prevention of
Keywords: Santa Fe Public Schools, Santa Fe , 2022-2023 SY: Administrative Secretary III - Operations, Administration, Clerical , Santa Fe, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!