Senior Project Controls Specialist
Company: Tetra Tech
Location: Los Alamos
Posted on: April 2, 2021
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want
to do meaningful work that keeps you on top of the latest technical
developments and improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will
work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using
their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water,
environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and
international development. Tech2 Solutions (T2S) --is--a critical
subcontractor on the N3B Los Alamos LLC team--and will
be--providing program management and technical services in support
of the ground & surface water monitoring program at the U.S.
Department of Energy's Los Alamos National Laboratory. T2S is a
full-service engineering and environmental consulting company with
a worldwide reach in the areas of environmental monitoring and
remediation, national security, systems engineering, data
management and analytics for both federal and commercial
customers.-- T2S --is currently seeking a Sr. Project Controls
Specialist to support our growing federal and commercial business
operations. T2S is a growing, progressive business that provides
technology integration and deployment, systems engineering and
environmental consulting services to a variety of government and
commercial clients at job sites around the world. The position will
perform a variety of assignments requiring the application of
advanced project control techniques and analysis. Will help refine
and implement cost, schedule, and scope management processes for
one or more large multi-year environmental remediation programs in
Los Alamos New Mexico. This full-time, salaried/benefited position
will provide strategic project controls support with functional
responsibilities as described below. Responsibilities:
- Work directly with Project Managers, Program Managers, and
other Project Control Specialists to support the execution of all
project controls processes and systems on large-scale delivery
projects ranging from proposal development through contract
- Support preparation of Estimates at Completion (EAC) by various
approaches, including entering invoice and accrual data using
- Perform quality control review of various internal and external
- Work with project managers to develop Estimates to Complete
(ETCs) and accrued costs.
- Work with project managers to track IDIQ projects contract
status, notice to proceed, funding levels and period of
- Assist in the development of Work Breakdown Structures (WBS),
Basis of Estimates (BOEs), project schedules, spend forecasts,
earned value calculations and other project management related
- Implement and execute proper controls to proactively support,
monitor, and communicate budget, funding, actual and forecasted
costs, labor hours, and quantities for projects.
- Develop and issue both timely and accurate cost reports in
accordance with client requests.
- Prepare and issue monthly variance analysis narratives
including recommendations for corrective actions that are used by
the project team to manage the work.
- Hold monthly meetings with project team to review
- Prepare and maintain detailed activity based, resource loaded,
project schedules using Primavera (P6) scheduling software.
Proactively track, analyze, and communicate critical path and
schedule risk to project managers.
- Support Project Managers in contract management/compliance,
invoice development and processing, document control, client
meetings/coordination, and interaction with parent company Accounts
- Take the lead in the development and maintenance of periodic
status reports to keep management and/or client informed on the
- Support proposal efforts by collecting cost data and developing
proposal data using Microsoft Excel. Reviewing proposals for
consistency between contract Statement of Work, proposal narrative,
and financial data.
- Work with Client Contract Administrators and T2S Project
Managers to answer proposal questions and resolve proposal issues,
ensuring the correct application of Davis Bacon and the Service
Contract Act in proposals; provide support documentation as
necessary to Client Contract Administrators after proposal
- Ensure that appropriate direct, indirect, and other rates and
labor categories are used in proposals coordinating correct
application with Project Managers as necessary.
- Be responsive to ad hoc requests from the client related to
cost reporting, project close out, management assessments or
- Perform project set-up in Deltek CostPoint system and generate
various project financial reports from the system.
- Maintain CostPoint project information including the initial
set up, budgets, modifications, change orders, and project
- Other duties as assigned. Requirements:
- Requires a minimum bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting,
Finance, or related field.
- 9-12 years of experience in the field or in a related area, or
combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), earned
value management, large DOE contracts, government contracting, and
project management principles.
- Strong background in financial reporting, operating within
Earned Value Management Systems.
- Proven ability to mitigate performance risk is desired.
- Experience maintaining corporate compliance with FAR based
- Broadly applied software including MS Office, advanced
knowledge of MS Excel, and proficiency in Deltek CostPoint is
strongly preferred. Additional Requirements:
- Position is subject to satisfactory completion of a background
check, reference check, physical exam.
- A valid driver's license is also required for this position.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements (Light Work):
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to
moderate. Light Work Category: Physical demand requirements are in
excess of those for sedentary work. The employee exerts up to 20
pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force
frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move
objects. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit;
use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The
employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision and distance vision. General: This job description reflects
management's assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this
herein restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties
and responsibilities to this job at any time. In this position the
qualified candidate may support one of more of the following
departments, Groundwater Monitoring, Surface Water Monitoring,
Drilling, Storm Water Corrective Actions, and/or Remediation
Services. The qualified candidate may be required to attain and
maintain a DOE Q clearance. Individuals must be able to perform the
essential functions of the job with or without reasonable
accommodation. Individual must pass a pre-employment drug screen
and accept all company policies. This position may require a
physical fit-for-duty screen as well. About Tetra Tech: Tetra Tech
is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering
services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a
global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused
delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are
Leading with Science-- to provide sustainable and resilient
solutions for our clients. At Tetra Tech, we provide a
collaborative environment that supports individual performance,
innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive
compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting
http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits For more information on our
company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com, follow us
on Twitter (@TetraTech or like us on Facebook. To apply, please
submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our
website at www.tetratech.com/careers
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those
selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is
committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested
parties including women, minorities, veterans, and persons with
disabilities. Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we
request priority referral of veterans for available positions. EOE
AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies Additional Information
- Organization: 194 CES My Profile Create and manage profiles for
Keywords: Tetra Tech, Santa Fe , Senior Project Controls Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Los Alamos, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!